Saturday 20 March 2010

Back in the dark

Today I went back into the Darkroom after nearly four years! It really was just how I remembered; quiet, peaceful with a strong smell of fix. I wanted to do some experiments in black and white to test whether my new project will in fact work as I have anticipated it to. The above tests, which have been unfocused in the enlarger are cropped versions of a portrait I took of a friend, (this choice of image was purely for visual reference, my chosen imagery is yet to be revealed.) 

All works above, copyright Melinda Gibson 2010.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Melinda
    I really like this new work. It's mysterious, fascinating, ethereal, emotive. Hope to see more soon - keep me posted. Look forward to seeing you at the opening this Friday...
    Warmest, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive