Thursday 5 August 2010

Dayanita Singh

This series above titled, “Sent a Letter” is by Dayanita Singh. I came across this work while researching artists for my project 90 Days. I have been thinking long and hard about what format would suit this work in progress and feel that this intimate, soft, tactile book format is well worth a try.


I have objects of great importance to me, from my dearest friend, some his, some of mine, some of ours, all very beautiful memories. A document of these objects, texts, and times sitting alongside the funeral text could work very well. I would want them to very small, precious and tactile, as if to act as a memorial to his life.


I will keep updating as and when I get closer to a resolution, but I feel that this will take some time, as my grief changes, so too will the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive