Thursday 5 May 2011

Film Still

Above is a still taken from the film I made commemorating my dearest friends death on 21st April last year. What I filmed was simple, the dawning of the 21st one-year on from 00:00 every hour for 10 minutes until 12:10. I simply filmed the light on the speech I wrote for his funeral, something that has been very intrinsic in this process. The film documents the quiet, sometimes silence of time passing from darkness into light.


It was a very important process for me to go through this time period, one year on, connecting with a time where a momentous decision was made and through the act of filming, capture, connect and ultimately share an experience I was unable to alter.


I have 130 minutes of footage to edit down to 13 minutes, so the journey begins now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive